The product development team was working against each other and which meant a high risk for a successful development of the collection in time. There was a need of aligning timing, process and responsibilities. Further the process needed to be supported by a PLM system to secure all relevant data and a single source of truth.
Initially no PLM solution was used and there was a big need of the implementation to support the product development process. After a restructruring measure the product development team was lost in their processes and the responsibilities were not clear. A PLM solution was picked and the implementation project was ready to start.
- Global Analysis of the necessary functions in the PLM
- Process Workshops to define the To Be Process incl. responsibilities
- Setup of the system with the help of a small expert team (1 expert in product development, 1 expert in procurement, 1 IT expert)
- Check of the setup with the help of a key user team and finalizing the PLM system
- Implementation of the PLM system with a clear key user structure and support of the experts
- Documentation of the product development process
- Clear definition of responsibilities per role in the product development process
- PLM system that reflects the process
- Change from working against each other to working as a team on the product